Sunday, November 9, 2008

Camera contents

In leaving the Caribbean in June I lost my camera cord. I recently received a new one and was able to upload all my photos from the summer. Let's see if I can do a summary blog....There is a slight time gap between my birthday and july due to my camera being replaced while I was in California for Ben and Dee's wedding but let's see what else we have...

My birthday in May was excellent. I celebrated it 4 or 5 times in different locations each time. The first unofficial celebration was with mom and dad on their trip to the bvis. My new rainbow sandals were much needed and are now broken in just right. I was in Boston for my actual birthday and had a wonderful dinner with Jillian and Jen at Temple Bar in Cambridge. From Boston I was headed to NY for a flight back to the bvis. As my official NYC ambassador, Janie had a great plan for a little birthday-ness. When in NYC drink Champagne at The Plaza! Before I left the city I caught up with the Sled Ladies for dinner in what else but a restaurant that looked like a ship! All in all it looks like 24 is going to be a pretty good year!

(insert Ben and Dee's wedding photos/visit to Nell in Portland OR)
Next pictures are of the Blessing of the Fleet in 5 Islands, ME. In true Maine style, the local pastor blesses all of the fishing boats and their men for a safe and prosperous season. Once all the official business is done the fun and games start. First up a parade around the harbor in pea soup fog! After that they let the local kids compete in a trap running contest strung between two docks... only in maine...
I spent the summer up and down between Maine and Martha's Vineyard working on Noctiluca and finding other jobs when I could.

Dad and I hiked Mnt. Washington. I've never done it and Dad hasn't been back since they paved the top so I asked if he would go with me. He was right, of course, that the top was a bit disapointing when you realize everyone else just drove, but it was a great hike!

We had a bit of a UNH reunion when Chris called and asked if I wanted to sail the Downeaster. Alie, Laura, Chris, Dan and I sailed with Shawn and took 2nd for the weekend. With Diana running the RC it was just like sailing on Mendum's!

Back to the islands I go but this time the ferry went a bit further, to Nantucket! I caught up with Adam Knee and Saw Robert Swan speak about global climate change. I helped take his Voyage for Cleaner energy to NYC for their next engagement.




Next up: Ed's wedding. Alex, Seth and I drove out to Jamaica Vermont to celebrate Ed and Lisa's Luau of Love. With a bon fire, a hot tub and a whole lot of Girl Talk we had a great party and some really good egg sandwiches!
We found our way to the Alpine slides on our way home as well as to a snowboard gear museum.

The summer finishes up with some more boating, lots of running (in marathon training) and Xavier Rudd in concert. All in all everything looks good!

No comments: