Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Keeping up with Kate

After reading Kate's blog I am re-inspired to try this blog thing out again. Though mine certainly wont be as clever as Kate's it will be full of adventures (random/ adventures.. whatever you call it).
Again Im going to go off my photos. My journal writing happens as often as my blogging!

Often, during adventures we end up climbing things and jumping off of them. This is the day Marco, Dom, Scotty, Jerome, Drew and I dinghied around Virgin Gorda. We stopped at Pajerous Point and climbed up the cliffs at the very North eastern tip of VG. Though we were very careful to keep out shoes dry on the swim in we ended up with some soggy sneakers after jumping off the cliff. O well. No good day ends with dry shoes..


Also among the photos from this year: The Voyage for Cleaner Energy. While in Martha's Vineyard I learned about the sailing vessel 2041
In an effort to build awareness that the treaty that the world signed in agreement to leave Antarctica undeveloped and unclaimed is up for debate in the year 2041. The boat follows a lecture series by Robert Swan. If you get a chance go see his lecture, it's very good. Check the website to see their schedule.





And then there's always big things to discover. While at a regatta party in Portsmouth Chris topped off my bevy with some goslings.



While visiting Michelle in NY we stopped by Super Duper Weenie for lunch. The line was long but the weenies were super. Any time youre traveling up 95 stop at the Black Rock Turnpike and grab a weenier. Worth it for sure.

How many marathons can one person fit into one month you ask? I went for 3. Of course I only ran one of them. Alex and Seth kick off the whole shebang with running the marathon in Berlin. I didnt get to see that one so I'm not counting it in my total. I ran the Newport Marathon in RI with ~600 people. The race was a great course all around Newport and Middletown. 26.2 miles later I had some sore legs and a time of 4:22. It was awesome! Jenna ran with me for ~1 1 miles and we thrilled the camera man at mile 16.
The week after I flew to DC to see Julia run the Marine Corps marathon. It was basically the same as mine... with 24,000 more people. Jules and her friends all finished and did really well!
The week after that was the NYC Marathon that Jordan ran. What a month! Congrats to everyone! Now go sit on a couch and eat something! (and tune back into the blog!)

No comments: