Wednesday, April 1, 2009

News from around town

Though I dont have any photos to post I think it's time I put up a new entry.
My life here in the caribbean has settled into a "routine" (or as much of a routine as one can settle into when they move around and do different things everyday). We have been on charter for most of the month of March and moving the boat between St. Maarten and the VIs inbetween. This leaves little time for wakeboarding, running, or anything fun and personal. I just barely got my brackets into Dad before the games started and, I'm not going to lie, I hardly looked at which teams I was clicking on to win. But so be it, that's the nature of the beast, I can hardly complain. Though our routine is an odd one it's nice to have one and it's very nice to be back in the VI because they're much prettier islands.
Anyways, all this time sitting around waiting for our guests to do something has left me ample time to ponder things like what I'm going to write about in my next blog. I have been making a concerted effort to catch up with and stay in touch with many people from back home. This blog is about is what everyone else is up to.
Let's see....
Congratulations to Lindsay K, my college roomate, for getting into Vet school! Though years of school doesnt sound awesome to me Im wicked proud of the girl!
Speaking of college roomates, Allison D is getting Married this fall! yikes!
Marrige is contagious and Jill P is getting married in the fall as well!
Rachael M is back at the books studying criminal law and living in Brooklyn, I cant wait to catch up in the city this summer!
Amanda A is teaching music to kids in NH, appropriately and happily.
Joanne S got her first offical passport and is coming to visit me in the islands! (She got the passport to go on vacation with Mike in Europe, but those are just details).
On the traveling note, Seth and Will have undertaken their craziest endeavour yet and are calling it the Epic Man http://theepicmancometh.blogspot.com/. And I thought running a marathon was hard.
Michelle just bought a car!
Nell has moved to the big city of Portland to stay while Dustin is in New Zealand learning about grapes.
I guess those are the big Milestones... Noone is pregnant (Jen?) Graduating early? (Kate?) I dont have much going on, looking at taking my AEC (which is the first certification for marine engineering) and upgrading to an unlimited Yacht Master at some point this summer or fall. Trying to fit everything into the 4 weeks of vacation with an actual vacation far away from boats (or at least sailing on boats).
What is everyone else up to?

No comments: