Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kate and I seem to have the same problem keeping a blog regularly but I think it makes it all the more exciting when we do post. I just finished our work log for the boat for the Caribbean season, backlogging daily work done on the boat, and it propelled me to think back over the past few months. 
When I left you last we were on charter in the height of charter season. Since then I've traveled ~10,600 miles (as the crow flies) and acquired 6 new stamps in my passport. We went down island we went up island and I even flew to France. Here are some of the pictures!
We had a charter that went from St. Lucia down to Grenada stopping at St. Vincent, Bequia, The Tobago Cays, Carriacou and stopping at the southern tip of Grenada. The big islands were beautiful, very green and lush and very different from the islands Im used to. 
The Pitons of St. LuciaMarigot Harbor, St. Lucia 
On the way back we stopped in Dominica for a couple hours off. With over 600 rivers it is one of the wettest islands and has amazing rainforests and waterfalls because of it. At the bottom of this valley we jumped off a cliff into a waterfall pool!
I also visited Antibes, France et il ete tres bien, bien sur! 
The Monaco Grand Prix race trackOld cathedral village in Vence. I was reading Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth (a really good story that you all should read!)  at the time and it was so exciting to see the construction he was describing right in front of me! Antibes city square with a view of the water. 

No comments: